2023 Do Your Little Bit Of Good


I'm back ... and with the always helpful Gucci - my muse/model, we will try to be more consistent with our card making/paper crafting endeavors . 


 Let's get started with something very old, old, and kinda new. I'm talking about the products I used for the first card project of this year - for the month of January : a very old Stampin' Up! stamp set that I found at a thrift store - before I even knew about Stampin' Up! products. Shopping the SU clearance online I found some beautiful shimmery vellum paper . I used  Ranger Distressed inks - which are kinda new, since I've only used them once.

How I Made It

  • Did the "swinking" technique - used mini ink pads and just wipe it across white card-stock
  • Stamped a bold image in permanent black ink onto the card-stock and cut out into 2"X4" strips
  • Cut shimmery vellum 1/4" less than card base(I used black card stock and created a top fold ), add a white layer of card-stock on top of the vellum
  • Assemble the card : base - vellum - card-stock - stamped strip - sentiment.   

Gucci sits with some of the other variations of this card :


By the way, that beautiful screen in the back is from my very creative sister Sherifa/Joye. She gave that to me one year as a present and I've recently started to use it when writing my cards.

I love the sentiment that I found on this very old SU set, I think that it sets the tone for the New Year.

Which is your favorite?





#qdotpapers
#qdotpapers.blogspot.com
#catsandcardmaking
#newyearscard
#simplestamping
#simplecardmaking


Comments