Ink Swiping Technique in Card making, Easy, Quick, and ADDICTIVE!




I had so much fun doing this technique, its really my style. Its abstract, unpredictable and totally beautiful. Takes me back to the days in school when I would just doodle and make shapes, color them in and just create whatever showed up on the page.

At a recent outing to Micheals I found some quality inks in the clearance bins. At 75% off regular price I had to get these inks, inks being one of the more pricy items when it comes to crafting projects.

Using Natasha Foote as inspiration I was able to create some beautiful papers to use for cards and backgrounds for other paper projects.

I used the ink pads themselves to do the swiping of colors and then took it from there. I did have to add a few drops of water and I used mixed media paper then let the backgrounds dry and made sure they were flattened then mounted them with double sided thin foam tape onto black cards that came with the matching envelopes.


Here is the lovely video that inspired me to swipe away.......







Comments