What We're Working With : Color Strips and Acetate Sheets

 



 I couldn’t just throw out those left over pieces of paper, so we used them to make block strip cards. I like the abstract and randomness of it. At first I tried to match up the sizes and spaces in between the pieces, but then I just thought - just put in colors and fill in with basic white.

I glued the strips of card stock onto a piece of acetate sheet and cut it down to card front size 4x51/4

Stamped the sentiment on one of the wider strips

Attached double sided foam tape to the back of the acetate sheet to cover most of the strips

Mounted the sheet onto the white card base

Embellished with some colored jewels and glitter pen




I love the way that acetate gives that "floating image" feel to cards. You can use sturdy plastic sheets, the packaging that comes with plastic boxes, or any thick clear base material. The first card like this that I made I used my old plastic faceshield from work (after I had sanitized  it and windexed it). I have since bought a package of Circuit Clear Acetate 12x12 Sheets and those have worked really well.









Comments