W4 Mermaids





 It’s  summertime , it’s  hot and we all want some relief from the heat, especially here in Florida. I am thinking about the water, and lucky me I received  my stamp set from WWW.THEINKROAD.COM and they have the cutest little mermaids, they are part of the INKED GIRLS stamps. I loved coloring them with watercolor pencils, but I used the tiny mouth stamps and I just couldn’t get the mouths on just right. I'm not even sure the inked girls are supposed to have mouths... I mean all of the other sets I've seen they have no facial expressions. 

The set I used is a retired set : Shell Yeah  I wanted this one because it has cute little mermaids that reminded me of my favorite Disney animated movie - The Little Mermaid. There is a play, a bit snarky on her phrase "I want to be where the people are", the little mermaids on this stamp set state "I want to be where the people aren’t ", they use "shell phones," and some have "resting beach face", there are a couple of "MERMOM"s, but most just "go with the flow".

The card stock I used to make the cards is from a paper pad that I have been using for awhile. These are the supplies I used for this W4 What We're Working With project:


I wanted to make mini cards to fit in this small size envelope. In the card world i guess they qualify as mini  slim line cards. The card stock was 6 1/2 x 6 3/4 folded in half. Images were stamped then colored with watercolor pencils, popped up the mermaid images with dimensionals. 






#qdotpapers

#qdotpapers.blogspot

#inkroadstamps

#mermaidcard

#simplestamping

#handmadecards



Comments