W4 Flying Tiger Tower Card

 When I would go to NYC I would always try to stop in at The Flying Tiger store. Based in one of the Scandinavian countries (Sweden or Norway) the store was a treasure trove of quirky, modern, functional odds and ends. They sold housewares, art supplies, cards, everyday small gifts, and all very reasonably priced. Unfortunately they closed down their 2 stores in NYC due to COVID in 2019 and now they only have an online presence.

I had many little purchases from the store and recently found some of the items again, so yes it was time to make use of these brightly colored papers and envelopes.


So... gathered up my Flying Tiger Origami papers and the square envelopes, and I had put aside some non machinable stamps - I learned that this was what you had to use for non traditional sized envelopes. Grabbed some Basic card stock and made some tower cards. Again, thanks to : www.KarenTitus.com for showing this very simple card fold. I loved it so much , I'm going to use it again!

yep, gonna make something :

The card fold was very simple. It makes a square tower which folds flat to fit inside of an A2 envelope.
  • Cut a piece of card stock 5 1/4 x 10 1/2
  • On the long side score at : 2 5/8, 5 1/8, 7 6/8, 10 2/8
  • Fold along the scores to form a cube, attach the short edge with your adhesive of choice.
  • Decorate the 4 sides with papers or card stock and attach sentiments or flat embellishments .
✯ I adjusted my scores to make my cube/tower fit the odd size envelope. 



#qdotpapers
#qdotpapers.blogspot
#usewhatyouhave
#w4whatwe'reworkingwith
#towercardfold
#karentitustowercard
#simplecardmaking


Comments