W 4 Scented Sachet

 Some of the little joys of eating at Cracker Barrel is just browsing around in the shop area. They have the cutest gifts and knickknacks , my favorite: the candles and scented packets! I love to go around and just smell everything! I think that really is a chick thing.

I always find something to buy, something that I want to give as a little gift, something to add to a  package. I love to get the scented packets for my bathroom , I've collected a few over the years. Some I put in the linen boxes where I have blankets/bedding stored, others I just keep because I like the image on the front.

The fragrance is good up to 9 months based off the printed date on the package. The content inside - vermiculite is biodegradable with essential oils added for fragrance . The packages were bought at Cracker Barrel , the brand is Fresh Scents www.freshscents.com

So to avoid being a pack rat, decided I would make some cards (nice smelling ones) with my old sachet packets. Just couldn’t let those pretty images just end up in the trash.

Today we're working with scented sachet packets - the fronts make one of a kind material for making cards. I cut up the front of this one packet and fussy cut some of the images and made a simple card. I think this is called a bridge card.


It can stand for a little more embellishments , maybe add a layer of colored card stock on the 4 sides, but a nice quick card.

Use a (after you are done with your scented)  sachet packet - cut out the front and any embellishments you want, any size you like   

To make this card :  

  • Card stock cut 4 1/4 X 8
  • Score at 1 1/4 , 2 1/2 turn to the other end and score again same 1 1/4, 2 1/2
  • Cut a strip of card stock at 1 1/4 X 5 1/2 (this will be the bridge)
  • On the card base fold at the 1 1/4 and 2 1/2 scores on each side to a mountain and valley fold
  • Decorate the front of the card, you may also add a piece of card stock or dsp to the back for a message
  • Attach the bridge to the front of the card, using adhesive to only the left 1 1/4 side, with the right side folded attach adhesive to the right 1 1/4 side




.... And thats what I'm working with .


#qdotpapers
#youneedasachet
#whatwereworkingwith
#cardfold
#simplecardmaking
#cardfromfragrancepacket


Comments